Dear GymCats camper families,
Each day we are receiving and reviewing new information regarding COVID-19 as it relates to summer camp, most recently Governor Cuomo gave us the go to re-open on June 29, 2020. We are formulating our plans based on what we anticipate as required changes that will need to be put in place. We would like to share with you some of the changes as you are making your decision around your child attending camp. As we move forward, the most important factor is the safety of all of our campers and staff.
We know that camp will look very different this summer. Our biggest change being a different schedule. There will be a morning and afternoon session of camp.
- The morning session of camp will run from 9:00-12:00PM.
- The afternoon session will run from 12:30-3:30PM.
Some other modifications include the following:
- There will be no field trips associated with any of our camps.
- There will be no before and after care.
- Physical distancing and smaller, self-contained groups will be put in place. This will mean that the same campers stay with the same staff for the duration of the camp day and session.
- With smaller groups and lower occupancy, space is limited.
- Since we cannot properly enforce social distancing within our waiting area, we have decided to close it temporarily and create a drop off system at the front door. Alternatively, the bridge area will be open for any parent who would like to wait, but there will be a maximum limit of parents allowed at a time.
- The use of face coverings for staff will be required. Campers are only required masks for entering and exiting the gym.
- Our water fountains will be closed; campers should bring their own water bottle.
- Parents should provide snack for campers. Campers will eat snack while maintaining physical distance guidelines.
- We will be taking the temperature of all of the campers/staff every morning. If a camper or staff member’s temperature is above 100 degrees, he/she will not be able to attend camp/work that day.
- All campers/staff will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the facility and leaving.
- All of our equipment will be thoroughly disinfected before each session.
**We will communicate more updates separately and directly to the parents or guardians of campers already registered. **
We believe that we are positioned well to provide summer camps that minimize risks while creating a fun and meaningful experience. Our camps will follow guidelines and best practices that are being recommended to minimize risk.
We understand that these are uncertain times and families will need to make decisions based on their own situation. Please keep us posted of any decisions regarding the summer as soon as you can so we can continue to plan for a wonderful summer with all of you. Most importantly, stay well!
GymCats Management and Staff
Camp Dates 2020
Monday June 29th– Friday August 21st
*We are closed 7/3/2020*
Morning session: 9:00-12:00pm
Afternoon session: 12:30-3:30pm
*Half Day Camp Rates:
8 weeks $2880.00
7 weeks $2555.00
6 weeks $2222.00
5 weeks $1875.00
4 weeks $1520.00
3 weeks $1155.00
2 weeks $780.00
1 week $395.00
July 4th week $325.00
PAYMENTS: Cash, check or money order only.
NO CREDIT CARDS
*5% Sibling discount offered.